My response 02
|Buchanan Clark + Wells||Mr & Mrs Keeling|
|24 George Square||XXXXXX|
Your 'BCW Ref': B11912516
Your 'Client Ref': 183320221
To whom it may concern;
WE DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY
You have again contacted us with reference to an alleged debt that you say is
owed by ourselves to Southern Electric Gas for the dates 26/10/2008 to
03/11/2008 at XXXXXXXXX Road XXXXXXXXXXXX.
We informed you, by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, that we had vacated the address
above prior to the date range that you have given.
In a letter dated 11/12/2009,
you requested a copy of the tenancy agreement and meter readings at the
start and end of the tenancy.
- We have never been billed by Southern Electric Gas for the dates given
above. They have all of our contact details - address, phone number and
email - should they wish to do so.
- We are able to log in to our online account with Southern Electric Gas,
and no such bill exists.
- We have already informed Southern Electric Gas of the final meter reading.
- We have already paid the amended final bill provided to us by Southern
Electric Gas based upon the final meter reading.
- We have copies of the final bill, the amended final bill, and the
confirmation of payment for the amended final bill from Southern Electric
- Other than the dates, you omit any relevant
information of how the alleged debt is comprised. The total that you quote
for one week is far in excess of previous bills related to the address.
- We had never heard of your company before your sudden aggressive demands.
- Researching your company name online has made us aware of the methods with
which you operate.
- We are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading debt collection guidance.
- It is not up to us to prove that we do not owe the alleged debt. It is
up to you to prove that this alleged debt exists, prove that we are the
debtors, and to prove your entitlement to enforce it.
- We know that we do not owe the alleged debt to your company. Therefore,
any attempt to use legal means to extract it from us will fail.
Therefore any threats to carry out legal proceedings carry no weight
For these reasons, we refuse to provide you with any copies of anything, or
any further information.
Your most recent letter, dated 16/12/2009 and containing further threats of legal
action, has been noted.
All further correspondence from you will either be ignored or passed onto the
following organisations, as appropriate:
- The Office of Fair Trading
- Trading Standards
- The Financial Ombudsman Service
For convenience, this document is permanently available to view online at
It was posted, via Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, to the address at the top left on 21/12/2009.
Mr & Mrs Keeling